Today the newly developed allergy test, Molecular allergy test is now making more comprehensive diagnosis of allergic diseases. This test, which is performed with nano technology with very little blood, gives very important information that cannot be obtained with classical allergy tests if the person is allergic. It is a very important test because it can detect allergy against 302 allergic substances and allergic substances’ components and it can also determine the IgE value which provides information about the person’s allergic structure.
What is Component-Based Testing?
Molecular Allergy Test is a new generation allergy test which can detect both the whole respiratory tract and all the food allergies and allergy levels of the body by measuring specific IgE amount against the various allergens that causing allergies such as food, pollen, house dust mite, bee and also show the allergic structure of the body which we call total IgE.
Molecular allergy testing is a scientifically proven allergy testing method based on nanotechnology. It is not one of the tests that give results by looking at IgG antibodies such as food intolerance tests which are not accepted by allergy associations in the world.
How Molecular Allergy Test is Performed?
It is performed using biochip method. Allergens that cause respiratory allergies and extracts of food allergens, as well as allergies to their molecules, ie components, are detected using nanotechnology.
Whom Molecular Allergy Test can be performed to?
- Molecular allergy test can be performed to anyone suspected of allergies for more comprehensive detection of allergies,
- It can be performed for the detection of rare allergens by a more comprehensive allergy test in children and adults whose allergen cannot be detected in standard allergy tests,
- For the detection of true allergies by eliminating cross reactions in those with a large number of allergies in skin tests or standard tests in blood,
- For patients with oral allergy syndrome manifested by an allergy around the mouth and lips,
- To make a more effective allergy vaccine by making the allergy vaccine based on the component,
- For a more comprehensive examination of food allergies with a more comprehensive allergy test in patients with multiple food allergies,
- To determine which foods can cross-react with the food molecules in children with food allergy, to determine the duration of the allergy and to determine if they are sensitive to baked allergens,
- Molecular allergy testing may be performed to determine the cause of allergic shock in children and adults.
What are Detectable Allergies?
Respiratory allergens such as house dust mites, pollen, pet dander in the air, also extensive food allergies, as well as allergies to components of allergic substances are detected. The Molecular Allergy Test provides a comprehensive overview of allergy by looking at about 302 allergic substances and their components.
This test also determines the level of IgE which roughly shows the body’s allergic structure.
It is the most comprehensive molecular allergy test in the world.
Why Molecular Allergy Test is more accurate?
It gives more accurate results since the substances in the structure of carbohydrate that cause cross reaction are eliminated.
In addition, the molecular allergy test reveals whether it is a real allergy or a molecule affected by other allergens thanks to the molecules detected in the allergen.
Effective Allergy Vaccine: It provides the component-based allergy vaccine.
Detection of allergy to the components of allergy-causing substances also provides important information. Allergy vaccines provide more reliable results with component-based allergy testing. Because the components in the structure of carbohydrates that cause cross reactions are cleaned with this test.
In addition, the molecular allergy test reveals whether it is a real allergy or a molecule affected by other allergens thanks to the molecules detected in the allergen. As a result, it is possible to put only real allergens into the allergy vaccine and make it more effective.
Provides information on allergy severity and allergy vaccine effect.
Which experts should evaluate the Molecular Allergy Test and why is experience important?
Molecular allergy testing is a newly developed test and is partially a manual test. It’s similar to evaluating a blood under a microscope with peripheral smear. It is not a test that you give blood to the machine and it gives you result. It’s very important that the person performing this test is experienced in this field. If done by inexperienced people, the results may be completely different.
Evaluation of this test is very difficult and requires a lot of information. It is a test that should be interpreted by allergy specialists who have the knowledge to distinguish between true allergies and cross-reactions and what the values of the test mean. If the interpretation of the test is not known, there is no point in performing this test.
The absence of allergies by molecular allergy testing does not mean that there will be no allergy 100%, especially for food allergies. It is healthier to evaluate the result of the allergy test by doctor and to perform skin test and provocation test separately when necessary, since rarely some people with food allergy might have no food allergy in the result of test.
Consequently Molecular Allergy Test
- Is a newly developed comprehensive allergy test
- Is an allergy blood test with nanotechnology
- With a single test, reveals all the allergies in a comprehensive way
- Provides an accurate allergy test by eliminating cross-reacting substances,
- Identifies actual allergies and cross-reacting substances, thus providing a stronger allergy vaccine,
- Due to the detection of allergy-causing components;
- Severity of allergy,
- How long will it continue,
- How sensitive it is to baked foods,
- Identifies the molecular spread and provides information about the severity of the allergy and the effect of the allergy vaccine,
- Provides information on which foods can cross-react with the detection of allergies to allergen components and whether or not the allergy will disappear with baking,
- Since it determines which allergic substances the allergy vaccine should consist of, it gives invaluable results and is the next generation allergy test for the diagnosis and treatment of allergy.